Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hair Cutting

When it comes to hair cutting I'd always been a one-trick pony - I could do a mean bowl cut, but my repertoire extended no further.

Until this awesome video tutorial at I am Momma - Hear Me Roar. I follow the tutorial loosely, using the clippers on a 1/2-3/4" setting up to the tops of the ears, then leaving length at the top (I start layering just above eye level). So now my boys get a layered bowl cut. Ooohhh aaahhh.

Seriously, it looks good.

The youngest doesn't like haircuts. He's afraid of the clippers. After speaking with a friend I decided to try candy to keep him busy and distracted. 3 Mike and Ike's was all it took to get through an entire haircut, and he was super cooperative and content. Last time I had to give up and leave him with a very uneven cut, this time he sat until the haircut was complete. The moral of that little tale is: bribing with candy = good.

Four boys getting haircuts every 3 months at $13 each, plus $2 tip would cost $240 annually.
Mama haircuts at 1 box of Mike and Ike's cost $1.80 (Mike and Ike's stored in freezer for next cut)
Annual savings = $238.20
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...